- If you're a gamer, you probably use Hamachi to create a virtual LAN network and play with your friends. If it isn’t working, red our article below on how to fix it.
- Hamachi is a popular service so check our other articles about it and you might find usefull information or solutions to your problem.
- These days, the need for privacy started a real demand for VPN solutions. If you have more problems with it please visit our Fix VPN section.
- For other Windows 10 errors check out our Windows 10 errors hub.
Hamachi is a well-known virtual private network application, and it’s used for a variety of things.
For example, gamers often use Hamachi in order to create a virtual LAN network to play with their friends.
With Windows 10 release some users are complaining that Hamachi isn’t working, so let’s try to fix that.
Hamachi is a popular service, but sometimes issues with it can occur. Speaking of issues, in this article we’re going to cover the following topics:
- Hamachi network adapter error Windows 10 – This is a relatively common error with Hamachi, and it’s most likely caused by your driver. To fix it, you need to update or reinstall your Hamachi driver.
- Hamachi tunnel problem yellow triangle – Another common problem with Hamachi. To fix this issue, you might have to restart Hamachi or your PC and check if that fixes the problem.
- Hamachi service stopped – If you’re having this problem, you can easily fix it by manually starting the Hamachi service.
- Hamachi won’t connect, open – Many users reported that Hamachi won’t open or connect on their PC. This can be a problem, but you might be able to fix it simply by reinstalling Hamachi.
- Hamachi gateway not working – This is one of more serious Hamachi errors that you can encounter. However, you should be able to fix it by using one of our solutions.
Before we start trying to fix this issue make sure that you’ve downloaded the latest version of Hamachi.
If you’ve installed the latest version of Hamachi and the problem persists, uninstall it and try one of these solutions.
What can I do if Hamachi does not work in Windows 10?
Solution 1 – Disable Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
According to users, Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol can often interfere with Hamachi.
In fact, this protocol can prevent Hamachi from working properly, but you can fix that by doing the following:
- In Control Panel go to Network Connections.
- Delete the Network Bridge.
- Find Local Area Connection and right-click it.
- Make sure that all items are checked except Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
- Restart your computer and install the latest version of Hamachi.
After doing that, check if the issue still appears.
If you have any Local Area Connection adapter driver errors, be sure to check out this detailed guide.
Solution 2 – Turn on LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service
Hamachi requires certain services to be running in order to work properly. Sometimes these services can become disabled on your PC, but you can enable them with ease.
Make sure that you have the latest version of Hamachi installed before trying the following steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and type services.msc and press Enter to run it.
- In the Services window locate LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine. Double click the service to open its properties.
- Now in the Service Status click Start to start the service.
- Click Apply then OK to save changes.
If the service is already running, stop it, wait for a couple of seconds and start it again. After restarting the service, the issue should be resolved completely.
Most users don’t know what to do when the Windows key stops working. Check out this guide and be a step ahead.
Solution 3 – Run Hamachi as administrator
This is a pretty simple solution, but according to some users, it works. To run Hamachi as an administrator just do the following:
- Find Hamachi shortcut. Make sure that Hamachi isn’t running in the background.
- Right click it and choose Run as administrator.
If this method works, you might want to set Hamachi to always run with administrative privileges. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right click the Hamachi icon and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab. Check Run this program as an administrator and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, Hamachi will always start with administrative privileges and your problem should be resolved.
Solution 4 – Delete Hamachi registry entries and reinstall the application
First, you need to uninstall Hamachi from your computer. After doing that, you need to remove all Hamachi-related entries from your registry. To do that, follow these steps:
- Now you need to press Windows Key + R and type regedit to run Registry Editor.
- Once the Registry Editor starts, it’s wise to create a backup of your registry just in case something goes wrong.
- Click File > Export and set the location where you wish to export your registry.
- In the Export range make sure you select All. Now click Save to export your registry. If something goes wrong you can just click this file and restore the registry to its current state.
- Press Ctrl + F and type hamachi into the search field.
- Delete any keys that you find.
- Press F3 to search for the next Hamachi key.
- Repeat this until you’ve deleted all the Hamachi keys.
- After all the keys have been deleted, install the latest version of Hamachi.
If you can’t edit your Windows 10’s registry, read this handy guide and find the quickest solutions to the issue.
Solution 5 – Restart your PC
If you’re having problems with Hamachi, you might be able to solve them simply by restarting your PC. According to users, sometimes a simple restart can fix the problem, so be sure to try that.
We have to mention that restarting your PC might provide just a temporary solution, but if you’re looking for a quick fix, be sure to try it out.
If your PC gets stuck on restart, take a look at this step-by-step guide to get past the problem.
Solution 6 – Update Hamachi drivers
Hamachi comes with its own drivers, and if you’re having any problems with it, that might be because its drivers are out of date. However, you might be able to fix this problem simply by updating the necessary drivers. To do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now select Device Manager from the list.
- Go to Network adapters section and right click your Hamachi adapter. Choose Update driver from the menu.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Browse button and choose your Hamachi installation directory. Once you select the desired directory, click on Next to continue.
Now Windows will try to install the driver. Once the driver is installed, check if the problem still persists.
Solution 7 – Install Hamachi as legacy hardware
If you have problems with Hamachi and its drivers, you might be able to fix the problem by installing Hamachi as legacy hardware.
Before we can install Hamachi as legacy hardware, we need to remove its driver by doing the following:
- Open Device Manager.
- Once Device Manager opens, locate your Hamachi Network Adapter, right-click it and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, just click on Uninstall.
Once the driver is removed, we can add Hamachi as legacy hardware by doing the following:
- Go to Action menu and choose Add legacy hardware.
- When the Add Hardware wizard opens, click on Next.
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click on Next.
- Select Show All Devices and click Next.
- Now click on Have Disk.
- Click the Browse button, locate Hamachi installation directory and select the Hamachi driver.
- Now just follow the instructions on the screen to install the driver.
Once the driver is installed, the problems with Hamachi should be fixed.
Solution 8 – Uninstall conflicting software
Several users reported that they were unable to run Hamachi on their PC due to their VPN client.
Hamachi is a network tool, so it’s not uncommon for other network applications, such as VPN, to have issues with it.
Users reported that uninstalling their VPN fixed the problem, so you might want to try that.
According to users, the issue was caused by the Dell VPN client, but after removing it, the problem was completely resolved.
After removing your VPN, the problem should be resolved and Hamachi will start working again. However, if you need a new VPN, you might want to switch to a different VPN software that will enhance security without sacrificing performance.
If you need more alternatives to completely remove Hamachi from your PC, be sure to check out this amazing list with the best uninstaller software you can use right now.
I hope at least one of these solutions helped you to solve the problem with Hamachi in Windows 10. If you have any questions or comments, just reach to the comments section below.
This article covers:Topics:
- Fix VPN
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
Leave a Reply
As mentioned above, the Hamachi not working Windows 10 problem can be caused by an outdated or corrupted network adapter driver. To fix it, you can try updating your Hamachi adapter driver to the latest version.Why is my Hamachi not turning on? ›
The “Hamachi service stopped” error may be caused by your antivirus software. When Hamachi was blocked by your antivirus software, the error will appear. To solve it, you can change your antivirus software settings to make sure Hamachi won't be blocked.Why can't i connect to Hamachi? ›
You can try the following methods to repair the connection to the Hamachi network adapter. Disable your software firewall (unless it is the Windows Firewall) reboot, and try again. Open Device Manager and manually enable the driver for Hamachi Network Interface. Then start Hamachi and see if it can connect.How do I get Hamachi through my firewall? ›
- - Go to windows firewall.
- - Advanced settings.
- - Windows firewall properties.
- - Public profile (if your hamachi network is public,or private profile if it's private)
- - Protected Network connections.
- - Uncheck hamachi.
- - Done.
Fix 1: Allow Hamachi Through Windows Defender Firewall
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run window. Step 2: Input firewall. cpl in the empty box and click OK to go to Windows Defender Firewall interface in Control Panel. Step 3: Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
Hamachi became a LogMeIn product after the acquisition of Applied Networking Inc. in 2006. It is currently available as a production version for Microsoft Windows and macOS, as a beta version for Linux, and as a system-VPN-based client compatible with Android and iOS.How do I know if Hamachi is working? ›
Launch the Hamachi client. Go to Help > Diagnostic Tool. Result: The Hamachi Self-Diagnosis window is displayed. Click Start and wait for the tests to finish.How to connect to LAN with Hamachi? ›
- Install Hamachi. You want the Unmanaged version, which is free.
- Create a VPN tunnel in Hamachi. (Network>Create a new network...)
- Get your friends to join your Hamachi network. ...
- Have everyone on the server set the Hamachi network as a Home Network, or allow Minecraft to use Public Networks.
Hamachi puts its virtual network adapter at the bottom priority in Windows. This is done to ensure there are no conflicts when Hamachi is run from an Active Directory Domain Controller or DNS server.How do I connect to Hamachi IP? ›
- Open the LogMeIn Hamachi App.
- Click the power button. A blinking green indicator means your connected. ...
- Assuming your connected. On the top menu bar click “Go” and choose "Connect to Server".
- Click the "+" button to save it as a "Favorite Server".
- Click the "Connect" button.
- When prompted.
You will also want to verify that that computer has an internet connection, as Hamachi does require an internet connection to function.How do I enable Hamachi service? ›
Right-click the service, then select Properties from the options. If you notice that the service is not running, click the Start button under Service Status. Click the drop-down list beside Startup Type, then select Automatic. Save the changes you've made by clicking Apply and OK.How to install Hamachi without admin? ›
- Go to the Hamachi product page.
- Click the Try it free link.
- Do not create an account.
- Click the Download Now link at the bottom of the page. Result: The Hamachi installer is launched.
- Follow all on-screen instructions.
- Right-click (or Control -click) the IP address at the top of the Hamachi window.
- Click Copy IPv4 address.
- Rename the "server. ...
- Double-click the "serverproperties" file, then confirm or click your computer's text-editing app.
- Click to the right of the "server-ip=" text line.
You have to allow the Hamachi Network Adapter through the firewall to be able to ping clients using Hamachi.Is Hamachi bad for your computer? ›
Just like other VPN services, Hamachi is secured and encrypted against hackers. However, there are several scenarios where it can be quite dangerous. To give further context, the main reason typically for safety doubts come from either a poor security history or the fact that a product is offered for free.